Monday, March 11, 2013

treasure hunt

Adam Pilachowski
English
3\5\13

1 want my reader to get out of this paper that i want them to understand my story.

2. It was easy to write about someone finding treasure.
3. It was difficult to write the ending i had a blank for like 10 mins.

4 . I want my reader to say to think i had a good story . I want my reader to think if are my characters are good.


In the year 1804, my dad got sick. He needed 1000 dollars to get better. The 1000 dollars was to buy the medicine to cure his illness. This medicine was so expensive because it was made of gold. The only way I could help him was to earn the money or better yet, to find some gold. I had heard that there was treasure hidden on an island in the middle of the Pacific. This treasure was rumored to be buried on an Island called Molokai.

I was a very good treasure hunter and I had learned many skills to find treasure from some pirates I had sailed with in the past. I had been on many expeditions and I learned from the best. I had sailed a large ship in the past, so all I needed was a decent boat and a crew. The first person I asked was my brother John. He was willing to come along because he too wanted to help. Between to two of us, we pooled our money to rent the biggest and fastest sailboat in the Pacific. John was very good at reading nautical maps, so even though he was my brother, he was the best shipmate I could have picked. This trip needed to happen as soon as possible because my father only had a few months to live without a cure. We set sail within the first week of January.


By the second week of January we had reached the mysterious Island. It was almost impossible to get to shore because the waves were so big and the island was surrounded by rock. We were afraid to run aground or put a hole in the ship from the jagged lava rock. Luckily, we maneuvered around the rocks and landed safely on the north side of the island. This is where we anchored and rowed ashore.


For the next two weeks we searched the entire island. It was rumored that the treasure was hidden in a cave within the jungle. The problems was finding the cave. We hiked the island for over two weeks, but was unsuccessful. Just when we were about to give up, we heard a strange noise coming from the distance. We followed the noise, and hidden behind some monkey pod trees was the entrance to the cave. Inside the cave, we saw over a million bats. John and I walked past the bats who were clinging to the ceiling of the cave. We walked inside the cave for hours exploring its tunnels. This journey through the tunnel was long and scary with booby traps along the way. Inside the cave were bones of previous explorers who had died along the way, no doubt searching for the same treasure that John and I was searching for.


John and I spent the night in the cave hoping to find the treasure the next day. When we woke up the next day, we continued searching for the treasure. My brother and I started looking for the treasure again. We looked all day and all night for three more days. We stopped and decided to rest While resting, we started talking about maybe there is no treasure after all . My brother started blaming me. He said, “ its all your fault”. This made me real mad, so i pushed him. John pushed me back. John pushed me so hard, I fell on the ground. When I was on the ground, Ii noticed a huge X. I grabbed my brother and Ii said, “ stop, look!”. My brother, stopped for a moment, looked up and said, “get the shovels” . We got our shovels and started digging and digging. We stayed out in the cave digging for 8 hours. On the ninth hour, all of a sudden there was a huge bang. Our shovels had hit something very hard. We found what we were looking for we thought. We found a huge treasure chest, but it had a lock on it and it seemed very heavy. We kept hitting the lock with the shovels and the lock broke. We opened the lock and the chest was full of gold, diamonds, and gold coins. We carefully lifted the chest and made our way back to the ship. We set sail back home the very next day.


While on the ship, we made a promise that every piece of this money would go to helping my dad. If there was any leftover money, we would split it evenly. We headed back to Massachusetts where we were from. The journey back home took longer than we thought and when we finally got there, my dad was gravely ill. He had very little time left. We took our treasure to the nearest Doctor who traded some coins for the cure that we needed. We hurried home and gave it to my father. My father took the medicine every day for a week and slowly he got better. After my father made a full recovery, my brother John and I went shopping. We bought our own ship and decided to continue our adventures and search for more treasure.


John and I have been back to the island several more times since we found the treasure. It is our favorite island in the Pacific. Later on when my father was feeling much better, we both brought him to the island so we could show him the island that saved his life. We showed him the secret cave with the many tunnels running through it. During the last visit to the island, the three of us decided to spend the rest of our lives there. The island had everything we wanted. We built a home next to a waterfall and spent the rest of our time on the island. We traveled back and forth to the mainland whenever we needed to, but returned to the peaceful island that brought us much luck. The three of us lived happily ever after on the magical island of Molokai.

1 comment: